Thanks Liz for introducing me to these 5 ingredient no bake granola bars!
They taste great, are very simple to make and you can pronounce all the ingredients!
- 1 cup packed pitted dates
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup creamy salted natural peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 cup roasted unsalted almonds, loosely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- optional additions: chocolate chips, dried fruit, nuts, banana chips, vanilla, etc.
- Process dates in a food processor until small bits remain (about 1 minute). It should form a “dough” like consistency.
- Place oats, almonds and dates in a large mixing bowl – set aside.
- Warm honey and peanut butter in microwave. Stir and pour over oat mixture.
- Once thoroughly mixed, transfer to an 8×8-inch baking dish lined with parchment paper so they lift out easily.
- Press down firmly until uniformly flattened.
- Cover and let firm up in fridge or freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove bars from pan and chop into 10 even bars. Store in an airtight container or in the freezer for several days.