If you are looking for ways to get some tasty vegetables back into the rotation after the holidays…these roasted carrots are really yummy. They are from one of Ottolenghi’s beautiful cookbooks.
Here’s what you need:
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp coriander seed, toasted and lightly crushed
- 1.5 tsp cumin seeds, toasted and lightly crushed
- 3 thyme springs (I used dried)
- 12 large carrots – peeled and cut into batons (see picture)
- 1.5 tbsp cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
Put the honey, oil, seeds and thyme in large bowl with 1 tsp salt and some fresh ground pepper. Add the carrots, mix will and spread on large baking sheet. Roast in 425F oven for 40 minutes, stirring once or twice til cooked through and glazed.
Tahini yogurt sauce
This sauce makes a great side. Whisk together 3 tbsp tahini, 2/3 cup greek yogurt, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 1 crushed garlic clove and a little salt.