I have been in a cooking slump. I can’t think of anything to make for dinner. I asked a friend of mine what she had made for dinner last week and boom, I had two new ideas! I’m only going to share one of them today…you’ll have to wait another week or two for the second idea!
Last night I made spicy shrimp tacos from the Food Network website. Don’t let the word spicy in the title scare you, it has some sriracha sauce in the dressing but you can decide how much to put in. The marinade for the shrimp is the same thing you dress the coleslaw with so it’s really easy.
Here’s the recipe:
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro (I used parsley)
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and halved crosswise
- 1 14-ounce package coleslaw mix
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 12 hard taco shells
- Mix the mayo, Sriracha, lime juice, sugar, 1/4 cup chopped parlsey and 1 tablespoon water until smooth. Place the shrimp in a bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of the dressing; set aside. Roughly chop the remaining 1/2 cup cilantro. Toss with the coleslaw mix, mango, red onion and the remaining dressing. Season with salt. Heat the vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until opaque, about 3 minutes. Transfer the shrimp to a plate. Warm the taco shells as the label directs. Fill the shells with the shrimp and some slaw. Enjoy!